Here are the general steps to perform a PDK calibration procedure using the Porsche PIWIS 3 diagnostic tool on a Porsche 981:
1. Connect the PIWIS 3 diagnostic tool to the Porsche 981 vehicle’s electronic control unit (ECU) using the appropriate cable.
2. Launch the PIWIS 3 software on the connected computer or tablet.
3. Select the “Vehicle information” option from the main menu.
4. Choose the “Transmission control unit” module from the list of available modules.
5. Follow the prompts on the PIWIS 3 diagnostic tool to access the PDK calibration procedure.
6. Place the vehicle in a level position and ensure that the parking brake is engaged.
7. Follow the prompts on the PIWIS 3 diagnostic tool to perform the PDK calibration procedure. This will typically involve running the transmission through a series of gear changes at various speeds and RPMs.
8. Once the calibration procedure is complete, review the results on the PIWIS 3 diagnostic tool to confirm that the calibration was successful.
9. Disconnect the PIWIS 3 diagnostic tool from the ECU and the vehicle.
It is important to note that PDK calibration procedures should only be performed by trained and authorized Porsche technicians or specialists. Additionally, it is important to ensure that the vehicle is in a level position and that the parking brake is engaged during the calibration procedure to prevent any potential issues or accidents.