VXDIAG VCX SE Benz (as well as other vcx se interfaces) or Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 which is a better J2534 device for Mercedes Benz Xentry Passthru software?
|VXDIAG VCX SE Benz||Openport 2.0
|Connection||USB, WiFi, WLAN||USB|
|Xentry Version||Xentry Passthru version
Some also tested ok with XDOS OpenShell version
|Xentry Passthru version only
|Vediamo||Yes, need special setting*||Yes, cannot use Vediamo 5|
|Old K-line Mercedes||No, for 2005 up Mercedes||No|
|License||Optional license all sorts of programs that it supports||–|
|ECU Software Updates||Need online subscription, flashing ECU works fine||Have risk brick ECUs|
|Price:||US$299 with Benz License, US$179 vcx se unit without license||Original $169
Clone around $40
- The main reason for buying vxdiag is that it has DoIP for new cars.
- vcx se connects via WiFi and it’s very convenient. wlan connection is stable at a distance of up to 2 m.
- there is already a Type C connector and it is held very tightly
- firmware updatable
- you can also use BMW and there are a lot of all sorts of programs that it supports
- The device does not heat up as SD CONNECT does.
- as much as 42 modules can be scanned
- Work best offline.
It does not support older models with K-line protocol, it is for 2005 up Mercedes.
- Good reasonably priced option if you don’t need to do any module updates.
- Openport 2.0 is not limited on Can- Cars from 2006 and above!
- useful for ECUs with CAN capability.
- For normal troubleshooting and diagnosis, though, it rocks.
- you won’t be able to access K-Line ECU’s that are widely used in old models (W221, 220, 203, 211, 210)
- if you want to work with vediamo you can’t use vediamo 5 (4 can’t use smrd files) because vediamo 5 doesn’t support Passthru so your “stuck” with DTS Monaco
- You’d better replace R1 by 47k for better operation and to avoid overheating.
- You are risking of getting failed and then potentially bricking your ecu if need to do ECU SW updates.
Leave a Reply