From Autonumen.com BMW Super ICOM has upgrade to V2015.06, the new version ICOM ISTA-D ISTA-P has to work with super version BWM ICOM A2+B+C wifi with firmware 1.38.01. Follow the instruction below to update Super ICOM A2 firmware to V1.38.01.
Super ICOM Software Version: V2015.6
ICOM Hardware/Firmware Requirement:
Super version BWM ICOM A2 with firmware 1.38.01 1.24.00
How to Update Super ICOM A2 Firmware to V1.38.01?
Super Version BMW ICOM A2/A1 V1.38 firmware update files could be downloaded online. Please contact us to get the update file free download link. ( our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please connect Super version BMW ICOM A2 with computer using Network cable and feed super ICOM A2 using 12V power adapter or connect ICOM A2 with BMW vehicle.
1) Unzip ICOM A1 A2 Perfect version V1.38 firmware update tool on the desktop
2) Open the unzipped folder and read the instruction on Notepad first
3) Open IE Internet Explorer, Brose to http://169.254.33.45:60080/, login with user name/password: root/NZY1150263
4) Click on “Update Firmware”, you will able to see the ICOM firmware information
5) Select “ICOM-BootImage-01-24-00.bin” file, set the image type to “SYSTEM”, click “Send the file”
6) When the system pops up “Write the image file to the flash?”, click Yes, then the ICOM red indicator will flash
7) Then the system will display “The SYSTEM IMAGE update was successfully”, click “update firmware”,
8) Select “ICOM-ApplicationImage-03-38-01.bin” file, set the Image type to “APPLICATION”, click on “Send the file”
9) When the system pops up “Write the image file to the flash?”, click Yes, then the ICOM red indicator will flash again
10) When finishing updating, click “reboot”
1. Setting up your computer to obtain an IP address automatically
2. Firstly choose the smaller file “ICOM-BootImage-01-13-00.bin” , then set image type to SYSTEM;
3. Secondly choose the bigger file “ICOM-ApplicationImage-01-18-00.bin”, then set image type to APPLICATION.
4. Originality WIFI BMW ICOM A2 diagnostic system (Item No: SP168) shares the same firmware update instructions, the only difference is the login IP.
Ordinary ICOM A2 login IP: http://169.254.92.38:60080/
Leave a Reply